This year WYMT (Wolverhampton Youth Music Theatre) celebrated their 20 year anniversary, having been established as an outreach programme for the Music Service in 1999. They are now governed by Bedazzle, a local youth development charity that specialises in wellbeing and mental health. This year saw them perform their biggest technical production to date – “Rock of Ages” at the Arena Theatre, following just two weeks of rehearsals right here at the Wolverhampton Music School. They are planning to end the 20 year celebrations with a one night Christmas Cabaret at the Music School on Friday 27th December, where current and former members will get back together to bring a night of entertainment from the world of musical theatre, pop and rock with some Christmas Classics thrown in for good measure! For tickets or if you’d like to join and perform that evening follow their Facebook page @wymtuk for the latest information. They would also love to have some live music performances and would welcome other students and partners of the music school getting involved.
- ABRSM Classroom 200
- Singing In The Rain 2022. Not one but TWO Concerts with links to the Commonwealth Games!
- WMS “Be Inspired” Concerts March 2022
- Green Park School by WMS visiting Music teacher Rob Craner
- More WYMT News – Coming September – Hairspray!
- WYMT News – free Musical Theatre Workshops for Schools & Alumni Spotlight!
- Schools Start Productions Again!
- More Azaad Arts News. Community Performances Celebrating Culture & Vaisakhi.
- Azaad Arts News!
- Easter Rockschool at Inclusic
- Wolverhampton Music Service Brochure for 2022-23 Published
- “Become a Beatmaker” A new and exciting Rap & Drill beats project from Wolverhampton Music Service led by “Detonator”