This year WYMT (Wolverhampton Youth Music Theatre) celebrated their 20 year anniversary, having been established as an outreach programme for the Music Service in 1999. They are now governed by Bedazzle, a local youth development charity that specialises in wellbeing and mental health. This year saw them perform their biggest technical production to date – “Rock of Ages” at the Arena Theatre, following just two weeks of rehearsals right here at the Wolverhampton Music School. They are planning to end the 20 year celebrations with a one night Christmas Cabaret at the Music School on Friday 27th December, where current and former members will get back together to bring a night of entertainment from the world of musical theatre, pop and rock with some Christmas Classics thrown in for good measure! For tickets or if you’d like to join and perform that evening follow their Facebook page @wymtuk for the latest information. They would also love to have some live music performances and would welcome other students and partners of the music school getting involved.
- Wolverhampton Elevate – An exciting new programme funded by the ABRSM in Partnership with the Wolverhampton Music Service
- West Midlands Music Big Play 2020
- West Midlands Music Conference
- Wolverhampton Youth Choir Launched at WMS
- Parents Evenings – new online booking system for appointments is now open!
- Rotary National Young Musician Competition 2020 – Wolverhampton Area and Regional Final at WMS
- Art Gallery Concerts Spring Series Commence
- Make Music Day 2020 – West Midlands network event in Stourbridge
- National Youth Jazz Collective 2020 Summer School
- Free Composition CPD for Secondary Music Staff (all West Mids schools welcome) with the London Philharmonic Orchestra hosted by WMEH January 22nd 2020. Sign up here!
- Bedazzle organise a Mental Health First Aid Course at the Music School
- Wolverhampton Symphony Orchestra – Concert dates and opportunities for young musicians in 2020