This year WYMT (Wolverhampton Youth Music Theatre) celebrated their 20 year anniversary, having been established as an outreach programme for the Music Service in 1999. They are now governed by Bedazzle, a local youth development charity that specialises in wellbeing and mental health. This year saw them perform their biggest technical production to date – “Rock of Ages” at the Arena Theatre, following just two weeks of rehearsals right here at the Wolverhampton Music School. They are planning to end the 20 year celebrations with a one night Christmas Cabaret at the Music School on Friday 27th December, where current and former members will get back together to bring a night of entertainment from the world of musical theatre, pop and rock with some Christmas Classics thrown in for good measure! For tickets or if you’d like to join and perform that evening follow their Facebook page @wymtuk for the latest information. They would also love to have some live music performances and would welcome other students and partners of the music school getting involved.
- School Updates re Funding and Our Risk Assessment
- London Philharmonic Elephants in Custard Resources for Ks 1
- Online A level study day from Cheetham’s School of Music
- Explore the orchestra website streaming resource for Ks2 & 3
- English Folk Dance & Song Society
- Lockdown Songwriting Club at Hub Partner Inclusic
- WMS YouTube Channel and Google Classrooms
- Charanga and Yumu resources 2021
- Website & Communications with updates to parents and schools.
- Ensembles and the Winter festival
- Key stage 1 & 2 & Special Needs Lessons
- WMS Full Online Tuition 2021