This year WYMT (Wolverhampton Youth Music Theatre) celebrated their 20 year anniversary, having been established as an outreach programme for the Music Service in 1999. They are now governed by Bedazzle, a local youth development charity that specialises in wellbeing and mental health. This year saw them perform their biggest technical production to date – “Rock of Ages” at the Arena Theatre, following just two weeks of rehearsals right here at the Wolverhampton Music School. They are planning to end the 20 year celebrations with a one night Christmas Cabaret at the Music School on Friday 27th December, where current and former members will get back together to bring a night of entertainment from the world of musical theatre, pop and rock with some Christmas Classics thrown in for good measure! For tickets or if you’d like to join and perform that evening follow their Facebook page @wymtuk for the latest information. They would also love to have some live music performances and would welcome other students and partners of the music school getting involved.
- Count on Me Video Released! WMS & Wolverhampton Council Choir
- Singing In The Rain 2020 Online Edition – Yes it’s back!
- WMS Home Concerts – Coming Up Teachers’ Concert & Alumni Concert (Your Turn!)
- WMS Home Concerts – On Record WMS Composition Invitation
- BBC Ten Pieces at home
- ABRSM Free Piece of the day
- MUSIC SERVICE UPDATE
- National Youth Orchestra Ode to Joy a thon! Friday 17th April
- New resources for EYFS (Early years Keystage 1) Schools and parents
- New resources for Secondary Schools and parents
- WMS Instrumental videos launched April 6th!
- Online resources for schools and parents