Some 15 schools were represented at this important meeting and CPD session. Ciaran O’Donnell Head of the Music service introduced details of our exciting new offers to schools. Pete Edwards introduced more opportunities such as the Rockshool Easter course, Wolverhampton Youth Music Theatre new member auditions, the National youth orchestra concert in April and the BBC Ten Pieces free concert at Dudley Town Hall. Sarah Fletcher was also on hand to answer queries and for general advice/discussion. This was the first of our network meetings to be held in a host school and we are very grateful for the wonderful welcome we received from Trinity. Our delegates were entertained on arrival by some excellent young musicians from the school and everyone was exceptionally impressed by the facilities and equipment the school has chosen to invest in music , creating one of the most impressive Primary Music facilities we have seen. We were then taken through an exellent CPD session on the use of Ipads and garageband in the classroom by Martin Chance – Director of Music at Trinity. Thanks to everyone who attended and we look forward to many more of these events supporting the work of city schools throughout the year.
- OHMI – opportunity for 7-18 year olds with upper limb impairments 2nd November at WMS.
- Opportunities to perform in our WMS Informal concerts, commencing in November
- New Rock “n” Pop Rehearsal Nights at WMS
- WMS welcomes a colleague from Berlin – can you offer her a visit to your school?
- National Youth Orchestra Inspire 2020
- WMS – Make Wolves Rock! Thank you Ted and Denise from all at WMS and the young people of the city for your Incredible fundraising!
- Rapper Vital and Music producer Detonator at WMS
- Wolverhampton Symphony Orchestra Orchestral Play Day – November 2nd at WMS
- WMS Monthly Art Gallery Concerts 2019/20 Friday Lunchtimes
- Another Successful Summer Rockschool at RML
- International Seminar on Music Education 5-7pm at BCU Westbourne Road Monday 30th September
- Wolverhampton Music Service enjoys successful Spanish summer tour